Rebate applications will only be accepted from qualifying residents, property managers and commercial businesses within the Broward Water Partnership Rebate Program (Program) area. If you are uncertain if your property or business is located within the Program area, please log onto ConservationPays.com, or call 1-800-270-9794, to determine your eligibility.
Once you have determined that you are eligible, you must then read and abide by the following Program Terms and Conditions before completing and submitting your application.
Terms and Conditions to Participate
- Application must be completed, submitted and approved before the applicant may purchase the toilet for which they wish to seek a rebate.
- All applicants must be replacing a toilet that currently uses more than 6 gallons per flush (gpf) with a U.S. EPA WaterSense®High-Efficiency Toilet (HET) that uses 1.28 gpf or less. WaterSense® dual flush toilets must also use 1.28 gpf or less for both flush options. If you are uncertain about how many gallons per flush your current toilet uses, you may find that information stamped on the space between the toilet seat and the tank or inside the tank itself. Or, log onto ConservationPays.com for more information. (Note: Although not required, it is recommended that the Maximum Performance rating of the toilet for solids removal is at least 800 grams – typically written as MaP 800g on the toilet specifications.)
- Single-family, townhouse and condo applicants who have already applied and been approved for one toilet rebate of up to $100, may only apply for one additional rebate. Up to two $100 toilet rebates total will be allowed per qualifying household, or the cost of each toilet, whichever is less. Taxes, and cost of toilet seat (if purchased separately), do not qualify toward rebate amount.
- Single-family, townhouse and condo applicants must own the residence within the program area where the toilet(s) will be installed.
- Renters may apply with a completed affidavit from the owner that provides permission for the renter to replace the toilet.
- Single-family, townhouse and condo applicants must provide the water account information for the property and receive water directly from one of the participating Partner utilities. Condominium owners or those who do not pay their own water bill may contact their Condominium Association or their management company to obtain that account holder information.
- Toilets must be replaced at the address on the application.
- Property owners, or property managers who are authorized by property owners of multi-family complexes, institutional facilities and commercial businesses, may apply for up to five $100 toilet rebates, or the cost of each toilet, whichever is less. To apply for more than five rebates, applicants must specify the number of rebates requested. More than 5 rebates require approval from the water provider. Taxes, and cost of the toilet seat (if purchased separately), do not qualify towards the rebate amount.
- Commercial, institutional and multi-family applicants must either own the property or must be authorized by property owners to participate and the property must be located within the program area where the toilet(s) will be installed.
- Commercial, institutional and multi-family applicants must be a water account holder, or be authorized by a property owner, that receives water directly from one of the participating Partner utilities.
- Applicant is solely responsible for the purchase and installation of the toilet(s) and all related parts, permits and equipment.
- Applicant is solely responsible for the proper disposal of the toilet(s) that is/are being replaced and agrees that they will not reuse, sell, donate or give it away.
- Participants must agree to complete a water conservation survey if requested.
- Toilets may be subject to inspection, and applicant may be contacted by the Rebate Administrator (or his/her Designee) to schedule an on-site installation verification inspection, and if contacted, applicant agrees to consent to a post-installation inspection.
- Applications will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis, and are subject to the availability of funds.
- The rebate check will be only issued to a pre-approved
- Please note that when submitting your rebate claim documents, the applicant’s name must appear on the receipt and must be the same name of the person who applied, and was approved, for the rebate. Failure to provide rebate receipts and documentation that have the same name as the pre-approved applicant will result in the rebate being denied. If the applicant’s name is not printed on the sales receipt please handle as follows:
- For applicant’s planning to purchase toilets at the Home Depot or Lowe’s- Toilets MUST BE purchased at the Special Services or Customer Service desk (not in the standard check-out line) where applicants are required to obtain an Invoice – which should include the applicant’s name and address. This must either be validated and show proof of payment or accompanied by a register receipt.
- For toilets purchase at other stores or through contractors/vendors you must request an invoice that shows proof of payment or a handwritten receipt from the store/vendor to be provided to you on their letterhead with a signature and printed name of an employee of the store/vendor.
- Applicants must submit proof that the new toilet uses 1.28 gallons per flush or less.
- Applicant must submit a photo of the toilet(s) installed in the home.
- Applicants must submit their reimbursement documentation to the Rebate Administrator no later than 45 days after the applicant has received notification that their application was approved. Applications will be cancelled once the 45-day period has expired if an extension is not requested and granted and a rebate check will not be issued.
- Rebates may be subject to income tax. Consult your tax advisor for more information.
- Toilets receiving rebates are prohibited from re-sale.
- This program is subject to modification, suspension or termination without prior notice.
- Complete documentation of toilet pre-approval, purchase and installation in accordance with Program Terms and Conditions will be required in order to be eligible for a rebate.
Toilet Rebate Disclaimer: Broward County and the Broward Water Partnership reserve the right to reject any application that does not meet all of the requirements of this rebate program. Broward County and the Broward Water Partnership do not guarantee that the installation, operation and maintenance of water-efficient equipment will result in reduced water usage or in cost savings. Broward County and the Broward Water Partnership make no warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to any equipment purchased or installed, including but not limited to, any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. In no event shall Broward County or the Broward Water Partnership be held liable for any incidental or consequential damages or injuries resulting from defective equipment or installation.
Limitation of Liability/Release: Applicant understands and agrees that, to the extent not prohibited by law, in no event shall Broward County or the Broward Water Partnership, its officials, officers, employees or agents be liable for any claimed or actual damages or losses of any kind, however caused and regardless of the theory of liability, related in any way to this rebate program, even if Broward County or the Broward Water Partnership has been advised of the possibility of such damages or losses. To the extent not prohibited by law, applicant assumes all risks associated with this program, including without limitation, all risks associated with purchase, installation and maintenance of a High-Efficiency Toilet (HET) subject to this program (including, without limitation, the risk of not realizing water usage savings or cost savings as a result of converting to a HET), and the removal and disposal of the toilet that you replaced, associated parts, building materials, labor and equipment in connection therewith. Applicant releases and holds harmless Broward County and the Broward Water Partnership, its officials, officers, employees and agents from any and all claims for damage, death or injury to any persons or property arising in any way from this rebate program, including the installation and maintenance of an HET, associated parts, building materials, labor and equipment subject to this program (including without limitation the use, operation and maintenance thereof), or the removal or disposal of the toilet that you replaced, associated parts, building materials, labor and equipment in connection therewith, other than those caused solely by the willful or grossly negligent acts or omission of Broward County or the Broward Water Partnership.
How to Apply for Rebate
Once you have read, understand and agree to abide by the Broward Water Partnership High-Efficiency Toilet (HET) Rebate Program Terms and Conditions you are ready to begin the application process.
You may complete and submit your application in one of the following ways:
Questions may be emailed to ConservationPays@Broward.org, or you may call 1-800-270-9794.